Monday, February 18, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

Starting your own business isn't easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and a substantial amount of risk. I am now 28 years old and I got "wrapped up" in the tortilla business at age 25. My search for "what do I want to be when I grow up?" had many challenges. I worked at many different jobs from the time I left college to starting my business. I am not unlike many people my age, searching. I was always looking, looking through the "Help Wanted" ads, looking for ideas, looking for opportunities, anything that looked promising. I really got to a point of being discouraged, feeling that I had the ability but, not finding the right place to put it into motion. I look at my motivation for my business now and see this as fulfilling. I would tell people just like myself who are struggling through the "real world" to keep looking, striving to achieve. My opportunities in fact were created through those past jobs that were so discouraging it only added experience and cleared the trail for the path I am going down now.